Fitness for Duty Evaluations
- Conducted to provide employers with objective information regarding a prospective employee's physical capacity to complete job responsibilities
- Decrease the probability of work related injuries
- Screen for musculoskeletal issues
- Midwest Rehabilitation Associates staff provides on site job analysis of jobs to be evaluated, thereby ensuring thorough task stimulation during our Fitness for Duty Evaluations
- Prospective employees are given a general musculoskeletal screen (range of motion, strength testing) as well as heart rate and blood pressure assessment prior to beginning evaluation
- During the evaluation to assess fitness for duty, heart rate and blood pressure are reassessed
- Posture and body mechanics are assessed. If warranted, evaluation may be halted and education in proper posture/body mechanics will be provided. Employer will be informed of prospective employee's ability to correct and maintain proper techniques throughout the remainder of the evaluation.
Prospective employee and employer are provided with documentation of the following information in pass or fail format:
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Rate
- Musculoskeletal screen
- Posture and body mechanics
- Lifting evaluation
- Other job specific measures
For more information or to schedule a Fitness for Duty Evaluation, please contact our experienced staff at 414.476.8183 ext 247.